Consent Orders kit

DIY Consent orders.png
DIY Consent orders.png

Consent Orders kit


Avoid family court litigation and save time, money and stress. Get all the information, worksheets and an easy to complete agreement that will help you formalise arrangements made with your former partner or spouse about finances and children, without having to go to Court. 

What's included?
✔︎ Consent orders application form
✔︎ Minutes of Consent template
✔︎ Wording for orders
✔︎ Easy to complete
✔︎ Completed examples
✔︎ Step by step instructions
✔︎ Superannuation splitting, plus more!

August 2017, 3rd edition


What's in this kit?

If you and your spouse or partner have reached an agreement about minor children and/or property of the relationship after a separation, then you can apply to the Court to have these arrangements formalised in a document called Consent Orders. Use the Quick Laws Consent Orders kit to easily draft your own agreement and have the agreement formalised in the Court, without the assistance of a Lawyer and save thousands in legal fees. 

Working out fair and reasonable arrangements about property and children can be difficult for families during a divorce or separation. The Consent Orders kit will help you to understand important issues during this process like:

    •    When consent orders can and cannot be sought

    •    Whether a de facto relationship exists

    •    Whether you can apply for consent orders as a de facto -  "gateway"requirements

    •    How to draft property and financial orders

    •    How to collect information about superannuation and draft splitting orders

    •    How to draft parenting orders - covers a range of children's issues

    •    Requirements for spousal maintenance

    •    Relevant parts of the Family Law Act 1975 - summary and complete provisions

Included forms
Get everything you need to apply for Consent Orders yourself, including:

Consent Orders Application kit - Easy to edit & complete - Word
Application form required to apply for Consent Orders together with step-by-step instructions. 

Minutes of Consent Orders template - Easy to edit & complete - Word
Court accepted form with simple to understand wording to use for financial and parenting orders. 

Also includes:

  • Credit card payment form
  • Application for exemption of fee - general
  • Application for exemption of fee - financial hardship
  • Superannuation kit

The updated edition includes checklists and worksheets to help you complete the included fill-in-the-blank agreement, and provides the current family laws of your state.

* Applies to all states and territories except Western Australia. See Consent Orders for WA residents. 


  1. Download the forms; 
  2. Save to your computer;
  3. Complete the forms following the instructions;
  4. Submit the forms and pay the fee ($160 as at July 2016). 


Common Questions about Consent Orders

Consent orders can contain agreements that relate to a couple's finances and property, children and ongoing maintenance.

Consent Orders may be sought by separated or divorced couples who have agreed on the matters set out above and want to formalise these agreements or would like to avoid litigation in Court. Consent orders are an affordable way of formalising arrangements between separated couples and an application can be made, without the help of a lawyer.

Consent Orders do not apply in relation to de facto relationships that do not meet the requirements. These requirements are explained in a simple form in the Consent orders guide included with this kit.

If you were married, then these arrangements should be made within 1 year of your Divorce becoming final. If you were in an eligible de facto relationship, the time limit to apply for is within 2 years of the relationship breakdown. You may still be able to apply for Consent orders with leave of the Court. You should seek formal legal advice in these circumstances.

An Application for Consent orders includes a draft agreement that sets out the issues and terms agreed between the couple. This document is accompanied by the court application form.

How much does it cost?

The Consent Orders kit is $59. This includes all the templates and forms you need to complete the application and draft the agreement yourself. The Personalised Consent Orders costs $129 and automatically generates your completed Consent Consent Orders kit. The court fee to lodge the application for Consent Orders is $160 (as at July 2016). This is subject to change.


Related guides


Related documents

- Consent Orders application
- Minutes of Consent
- Step-by-step guidance
- information booklet
- Unlimited customer service support

- Ready to sign
- Step-by-step instructions
- Financial hardship application
- Affidavit kit
- Unlimited customer service support